This concept creates places for people with the leisure centre at its heart.
- Buildings are located on the existing leisure centre and surface car park to minimise the impact on Metropolitan Open Land - existing footprint is 14,215m2, the proposed footprint is 14,2921m2
- There are enhanced outdoor facilities and new public realm
- There is increased accessibility with more focus on pedestrian experience
- Buildings on the existing car park are arranged as an open courtyard activated by commercial frontages and a residents’ hub
- Increased light into the open spaces by separating the buildings
Evolution of the residential footprint to improve permeability